What is Derma Support Gold?
Derma Support Gold is an herbal, veterinary product developed by a doctor of Traditional Chinese Medicine (TCM) for dogs to support normal amounts of yeast on their skins' surface. Some yeast is normally present on the skins of healthy dogs. This formula helps maintain a normal, healthy amount.
TCM is an ancient practice of medicine used for approximately 2500 years. It works with principles of energy in the body that function in a practical way to rebalance what has come out of balance. As a simplistic example, "cooling" herbs would treat heat in the body. TCM traditionally uses these types of energetic principles, and scientific validation is able to verify the precise mechanisms to explain how herbal medicines are working at the cellular level.
The formula's action is based on maintaining proper balance in the body to support normal fungal (yeast) growth on the skin and inside the ears. All dogs have a safe and normal amount of yeast on the skin at all times. Keeping this in check is imperative for skin health and comfort, and also for the way the dog smells.
Derma Support Gold is taken internally.
What is Derma Support Gold used for?
A species of yeast called Malassezia pachydermatis is a normal organism found on the skin and inside the ears of all canines.
You want to keep your dog comfortable and smelling inoffensive. Of note, you want to keep skin creases clean and healthy, the paw pads and spaces between the pads need to be clear, as well as the ears. Be sure to check the anal area, folds of the nose and eyelids, around the neck and the armpits.
A Note from our Veterinarian...
Derma Support Gold does not contain drugs and results will vary depending on your dog's skin. Expect gradual effects over many weeks.
Once desired effects are achieved, the formula may be discontinued. Reintroduce as necessary. The formula does not need to be used constantly and is meant to be used as needed.
If your dog experiences loose stools, reduce the administration amount until solid. Discontinue if loose stools persist.
Discontinue after using for three weeks (or less as needed) with a pause of at least one week. Continue to administer after the one week pause, as needed.
The herbs in Derma Support Gold are potent and are formulated to help address underlying health that effects skin health.
In the Traditional Chinese Medicine model, this formula is known as a Damp Heat formula. Damp Heat can be affected by external sources (poor diet or food) and/or internal sources (such as stress). Damp Heat in the body is generally slow to change and this should be taken into consideration.
In Damp Heat, an herbal formula works to "detoxify and cool the blood". This description is particular to a TCM approach which can be more effective than anything else.
Food Allergy or Sensitivity?
It is necessary to determine whether there is a food sensitivity.
Similar to humans, dogs may build up sensitivities to foods that are eaten daily, without a break. Just like humans, dogs are healthiest with a varied diet. Be sure to switch your dog's foods at least from time-to-time. The most common foods that cause sensitivity in dogs are: beef by-products, dairy products, chicken, chicken by-products, soy, corn, wheat and artificial food colouring.
Make sure your dog receives a diet high in nutrients. Consider supplementation of vitamins, minerals and especially Omega-3 essential fatty acids. Omega-3's have been shown to provide the body with support for skin repair and are extremely beneficial for maintenance of skin health. A supplement like SPARK Daily Nutritional Supplement contains nutrients and superfoods from whole food sources, along with probiotics and enzymes for overall good health, immunity and energy.
Can my dog take Derma Support Gold with prescription drugs?
Do not use with blood thinners. Use caution with immunosuppressants.
Does it come with a guarantee?
Yes! Derma Support Gold comes with a 90 day money-back guarantee.
Why choose Derma Support Gold for your canine friend?
- Selectively chosen herbs: Our formulas are entirely prepared from herbs that meet high quality standards.
- Full Spectrum Extract: The full biochemical spectrum of the herbs is preserved to ensure the potency of the extract. All raw materials are tested for identification and purity.
- Every batch tested: Every batch of our Derma Support Gold is tested to ensure the highest quality and purity. Every single batch.
- NSF Certified GMP Facility: Nationally recognized quality control procedures are meticulously monitored. The NSF Ceritification Program protects consumers by ensuring that the highest standards of manufacturing are strictly adhered to.
- FDA-Registered Facility: Our manufacturing facility is FDA-registered. Strict quality control procedures are meticulously monitored.
- FDA Center for Veterinary Medicine Guidelines: Pet Wellbeing complies with the provisions of the CVM's good guidance practices for pet dietary supplements. All ingredients and caution statements adhere to these national guidelines.
- It's guaranteed: In addition to the superior quality of our products, you are also protected by our 90 day money-back guarantee.
- Manufactured in the United States
Who makes Derma Support Gold?
Derma Support Gold is made by Pet Wellbeing, founded in 2001. Our goal? To bring the wisdom and experience of our caring holistic veterinarians to your pet. When your pet is healthy; you are happy.
To fulfill our vision, our on-staff, holistic veterinarians have developed formulas using time-honoured, traditional uses of herbs and integrated the latest scientific research. It is our aim to produce the best products for your pet that we can.
These statements have not been evaluated by the Food and Drug Administration. This product and information is not intended to diagnose, cure, treat, mitigate or prevent any disease or condition.
How to Administer Derma Support Gold
Administer product orally twice daily. Give one drop for every 2lb (1kg) of body weight up to 50lb. Over 50lb, add one drop per additional 4lb (2kg). Shake well before use.
BEST way to give drops! Add to food. Add drops to a small portion of a favourite food or treat and ensure the entire amount is consumed.
Administer for a maximum of three weeks, pause for one week and continue with this schedule on an as-needed basis.
On calibrated dropper 0.25ml = 5 drops
Use With Caution
- Not to be used during diarrhea. If stools become loose, reduce daily administration. Discontinue if loose stools persist.
- Not to be used during pregnancy or nursing.
- Do not use with blood thinners.
- Use caution with immunosuppressants.
- An examination from a veterinarian is recommended prior to using this product.
Derma Support Gold is Formulated With:
Derma Support Gold contains a variety of Chinese herbs that work together to decrease irritation, improve antioxidant activity, and support normal wound and skin healing. It also has anti-allergic properties. The backbone of this formula is its anti-fungal action for fungal and yeast infections.
- Baikal Skullcap root (Scutellaria baicalensis)
- Phellodendron bark (Phellodendron chinense)
- Sophora root (Sophora flavenscens)
- Rehmannia root (Rehmannia glutinosa)
- Chinese Smilax root (Smilax glabra)
- Plantain seed (Plantago asiatica)
- Knotweed aerial parts (Polygonum aviculare)
- Summer Cypress fruit (Kochia scoparia)
...500mg/ml (20 drops/ml)
We take great care and precautions with all the herbal materials that are imported from Asia, recognizing that some products from these regions may have contamination issues. The utmost consideration is given to ensure a pure product. All herbs are selectively imported.
Meet Dr. Janice Huntingford
Janice Huntingford, DVM, has been in veterinary practice for 28 years and has founded two veterinary clinics since receiving her Doctor of Veterinary Medicine at the Ontario Veterinary College, University of Guelph. She has studied extensively in both conventional and holistic modalities.