Milk Thistle for Dog Liver Support
Milk Thistle for Dog Liver Support
Essential all-natural support and normal liver detoxification in dogs
Essential liver support for dogs:
- Safe for long-term administration
- Supports regeneration of liver cells
- Helps maintain normal detoxification
Supports your dog’s long-term liver health
90-day money-back guarantee
- 2 oz (59 ml) is a 1-month supply for most dogs (up to 50 lbs)
- 4 oz (118 ml) is a 1-month supply for most large dogs
- 4 oz Large Canine Size is suitable for both large and small dogs (as well as cats). New Value Size label coming soon!
Calculate Dose - How long will this last my pet?
?What should you expect with our products?
Item added to your cart
From our on-staff veterinarian:
The liver performs dozens of different functions in the body, including clearing out toxins. Liver support is common for in older canines.
Many canines may benefit from support to metabolize and excrete prescription medications, which cause the liver to work harder. Milk Thistle is an excellent way to do this. It is not contraindicated with conventional medications and it is gentle enough for long-term use.
While some Milk Thistle sold in health stores is can be alcohol-based and should not be given to dogs, Pet Wellbeing's Milk Thistle is glycerin-based and safe for dogs.
Milk Thistle should be administered to every dog taking liver-taxing medications and for any other reason the liver may benefit from support.
The active ingredients in Milk Thistle are known collectively as silymarins.
- Help maintain the health of your dog’s liver.
- Supports excretion and metabolism of medications.
- Support the stability of liver membranes.
As an anti-oxidant, silymarin is even more effective than Vitamin E. It also helps support the production of new liver cells in dogs.
Milk Thistle provides useful health support when your canine is taking any medications.
Milk Thistle is gentle enough for long-term use.
Healthy Nutrition Tip for Your Dog's Liver
Processed foods stress your dog’s liver as it attempts to detoxify the preservatives and other additives like artificial flavours and colours. Go natural! Avoid grains and focus on healthy proteins from free-range, grass-fed animals. Green foods will help natural detoxification for your canine's liver, such as those you will find in Pet Wellbeing's SPARK. Expect your dog’s moods to be lifted as well! SPARK is a veterinarian-formulated, daily nutritional supplement for dogs of all ages.
Milk Thistle must be glycerin-based to be safe for dogs. Do not give your dog any supplements that contain alcohol.
Why choose Milk Thistle for your canine friend?
- Certified organic, ethically wild-harvested and selectively imported: This formula is prepared from organically grown, ethically wild-harvested and selectively imported herbs.
- Good Manufacturing Practices: All of our formulas are manufactured in a facility that adheres to Good Manufacturing Practices.
- Full Spectrum Extract: The full biochemical spectrum of the herbs is preserved to ensure the potency of the extract. All raw materials are tested for identification and purity.
- Every batch tested: Every batch of our Milk Thistle is tested to ensure the highest quality and potency. Every single batch.
- FDA Registered Facility: Our manufacturing facility is FDA registered. Strict quality control procedures are meticulously monitored.
- FDA Center for Veterinary Medicine Guidelines: PetWellbeing complies with the provisions of the CVM's good guidance practices for pet dietary supplements. All ingredients and caution statements adhere to these national guidelines.
- It's Guaranteed: In addition to the superior quality of our products, you are also protected by our 90 day money-back guarantee.
Who makes Pet Wellbeing Milk Thistle?
This product is made by PetWellbeing, founded in 2001. Our goal? To bring the wisdom and experience of our caring holistic veterinarians to your pet. When your pet is healthy; you're happy.
To fulfill our vision, our on-staff, holistic veterinarians have developed formulas using time honoured, traditional uses of herbs and integrated the latest scientific research. It is our aim to produce the best products for your pet that we can.
How to Administer Milk Thistle
Administer product orally once daily. Give one drop for every 1 lb (0.5 kg) of body weight up to 50 lb. Over 50 lb, add one drop per additional 2 lb (1 kg).
BEST way to give drops! Add to food. Add drops to a small portion of a favourite food or treat and ensure the entire amount is consumed.
Shake well before use. Does not require refrigeration.
We know animals can be finicky! Milk Thistle is enhanced with delicious natural bacon flavor. We recommend administration of the drops in a way that your dog will like best.
Use With Caution
- Safe use in pregnant animals or animal's intended for breeding has not been proven.
- If animal's condition worsens or does not improve, stop product administration and consult your veterinarian. An examination from a veterinarian is recommended prior to using this product.
- For animal use only. Keep out of reach of children and animals. In case of accidental overdose, contact a health professional immediately.
Milk Thistle is Formulated With:
Milk Thistle seed (Silybum marianum)*
…333 mg per ml (20 drops/ml)
- Deionized water
- Natural bacon flavor
- Vegetable glycerin
Meet Dr. Janice Huntingford
Janice Huntingford, DVM, has been in veterinary practice for 28 years and has founded two veterinary clinics since receiving her Doctor of Veterinary Medicine at the Ontario Veterinary College, University of Guelph. She has studied extensively in both conventional and holistic modalities.