Adrenal Harmony Gold for Dog Cortisol Support
Adrenal Harmony Gold for Dog Cortisol Support
Adrenal Support - supports good energy levels in dogs, normal thirst and urination
- Maintains healthy skin and coat
- Normal hair growth
- Supports normal thirst and urination
- Supports healthy weight, normal appetite
- Supports proper muscle tone
A natural supplement for Dog Adrenal Glands including hair growth, normal thirst and weight
- 90-day money-back guarantee
- 2 oz (59 ml) bottle is a 1-month supply for most dogs (up to 50 lbs)
- 4 oz (118 ml) bottle is a 1-month supply for most large dogs
- 4 oz Large Canine Size is suitable for both large and small dogs, as well as cats. New Value Size label coming soon!
Calculate Dose - How long will this last my pet?
?What should you expect with our products?
Item added to your cart
What is Adrenal Harmony Gold?
Adrenal Harmony Gold was developed by our holistic veterinarians to support your dog's adrenal hormone balance. The actions of the ingredients are: adaptogenic, antioxidant and they will also help the nervous system. These herbs are particularly suited to targeting the adrenal glands and its functions, but also exert an effect on the pituitary and hypothalamus glands. "Adaptogens" are a classification of herbs considered to support the adrenals, helping the body adapt naturally to stressors and produce normal, healthy levels of cortisol. Adaptogens help the adrenals normalize their hormone production. Antioxidants help maintain cellular structure and, thus, normal health.
Together, the ingredients in Adrenal Harmony Gold target key cellular mechanisms to help maintain balance.
What is Adrenal Harmony Gold used for?
Adrenal glands play a vital role in the health of your pet. The adrenal glands are two small glands situated on top of each kidney and they are involved in a multitude of physiological processes. The hypothalamus and pituitary glands are responsible for sending messages to the adrenals so they can secrete the right amount of hormones and maintain equilibrium within the body.
Some of the main adrenal gland functions are to:
- Help the body respond to stress and inflammation through their production of corticosteroid hormones (cortisol).
- Play an important role in regulating water and electrolyte balance (affects urine output and thirst).
- Produce hormones that affect blood sugar (affects appetite).
Adrenal Harmony Gold targets the HPA (hypothalamus-pituitary-adrenal) axis to normalise the body's internal feedback mechanisms. This, in turn, can affect areas of the body influenced by the adrenal glands. Expect to see evidence of the product's effect within the first two weeks of starting this formula. If you have not seen an effect within two weeks, the administration amount may be safely increased. The "Directions" tab has more details.
The Adrenal Glands and Cortisol
Cortisol can have affects on the following mechanisms:
- Thirst and appetite
- Blood pressure
Note: If your dog has taken long-term corticosteroid drugs, then adrenal support may be helpful. It is very unsafe to stop steroid administration suddenly or quickly. It may be possible to wean your dog off the drug; however, this absolutely must be performed under professional supervision to avoid complications. You can speak to your veterinarian about this.
A word from our veterinarian:
It is important to note that long-term use of corticosteroid drugs (usually prescribed for inflammatory discomfort such as skin allergy or arthritis) can result in a rebound effect and excess production of cortisol by the adrenal glands can ensue. If your veterinarian has recommended a long-term course of steroid medication, discuss the possible side effects with her or him. Excessive production of cortisol can also be caused by a tumour, either of the pituitary or the adrenal glands.
Can my dog take Adrenal Harmony Gold with medications?
Do not give Adrenal Harmony Gold if your pet is taking blood thinners or conventional Cushing's disease medications. A veterinarian who has performed a complete medical check of your dog can help to establish safety of medications taken with other products or specific diets.
Does it come with a guarantee?
Yes! Adrenal Harmony Gold comes with a 90-day, money-back guarantee.
Why choose Adrenal Harmony Gold for your canine friend?
- Certified organic and ethically wild-harvested: Our formulas are entirely prepared from organically grown and ethically wild-harvested herbs.
- Good Manufacturing Practices: All of our formulas are manufactured in a facility that adheres to Good Manufacturing Practices.
- Full Spectrum Extract: The full biochemical spectrum of the herbs is preserved to ensure the potency of the extract. All raw materials are tested for identification and purity.
- Every batch tested: Every batch of our Adrenal Harmony Gold is tested to ensure the highest quality and potency. Every single batch.
- FDA-Registered Facility: Our manufacturing facility is FDA-registered. Strict quality control procedures are meticulously monitored.
- FDA Center for Veterinary Medicine Guidelines: PetWellbeing.com complies with the provisions of the CVM's good guidance practices for pet dietary supplements. All ingredients and caution statements adhere to these national guidelines.
- It's Guaranteed: In addition to the superior quality of our products, you are also protected by our 90-day money-back guarantee.
Who Makes Adrenal Harmony Gold?
Adrenal Harmony Gold is made by PetWellbeing.com, founded in 2001. Our goal? To bring the wisdom and experience of our caring holistic veterinarians to your pet. When your pet is healthy; you're happy.
To fulfill our vision, our on-staff, holistic veterinarians have developed formulas using time-honoured, traditional uses of herbs, and integrated the latest scientific research. It is our aim to produce the best products for your pet that we can.
How To Administer Adrenal Harmony Gold
Administer product orally twice daily. Give one drop for every 2 lb (1kg) of body weight up to 50 lb. Over 50 lb, add one drop per additional 4 lb (2kg).
BEST way to give drops! Add to food. Add drops to a small portion of a favourite food or treat and ensure the entire amount is consumed.
Shake well before use. Does not require refrigeration.
We know animals can be finicky! Adrenal Harmony Gold is enhanced with delicious natural bacon flavor. We recommend administration of the drops in a way that your dog will like best.
TIP! From Dr. Jan: If your dog has taken this formula for two weeks+ and you have not seen the expected results, you can safely double the dose.
Use With Caution
- If animal's condition worsens or does not improve, stop product administration and consult your veterinarian.
- Not to be used during pregnancy.
- Do not use with blood thinners.
- Do not use with conventional Cushing's disease medications.
- May be a GI irritant.
- An examination from a veterinarian is recommended prior to using this product.
- For animal use only. Keep out of reach of children and animals. In case of accidental overdose, contact a health professional immediately.
Adrenal Harmony is Formulated With
- Fresh Ashwagandha root (Withania somniferum): A primary adaptogen in this formula, Ashwagandha assists the adrenal glands directly to respond normally and produce healthy amounts of cortisol. This is a well-known herb for helping the body's stress levels and supporting normal, restful sleep.
- Holy Basil leaf (Ocimum sanctum): Also called Tulsi, Holy Basil is a gentle adaptogen for supporting the adrenal glands. Of key importance, adaptogens will neither cause the body to relax nor become stimulated, necessarily. Rather, their action is to assist the body to adapt as needed and bring it back into balance. For that reason, adaptogens are used for a variety of reasons when normal adrenal function is desired.
- Fresh Turmeric rhizome (Curcuma longa): One of the best antioxidant herbs available, Turmeric also supports liver health. Turmeric can be difficult for the body to absorb. Our extraction method using fresh, organic Turmeric is an extremely potent liquid extract, much stronger than a simple glycerin extraction and captures all of the useful constituents of this herb, including curcumin and other curcuminoids.
- Bacopa herb (Bacopa monnieri): Bacopa exhibits uses both as an adaptogen and as an antioxidant. It has also been used for stress and is said to generally contribute to healthy moods and cognitive function.
- Astragalus root (Astragalus membranaceus): Another popular "adaptogen", Astragalus helps the body's normal ability to adapt to stress. It also contains polysaccharides, constituents that assist the body's normal immune response to fight off bacteria and viruses.
- Milk Thistle seed (Silybum marianum): A gentle and effective herb for normal liver function, Milk Thistle supports the liver's metabolization of drugs and toxins for excretion. Another function of the liver is to denature (take apart) circulating hormones, thereby helping to keep the balance of hormones in the body.
- Blessed Thistle flower (Cnicus benedictus): Blessed or Holy Thistle has similar uses as Milk Thislte for liver support. Additionally, it has been shown to exhibit support for the immune system and digestion.
- Chaste Tree berry (Vitex agnus-castus): Used for its gentle, tonic action on the anterior pituitary, Vitex is an amphoteric herb, meaning it will help maintain normal hormonal levels, rather than cause them to go higher or lower. Vitex is included in this formula for its affect on the pituitary's action in adrenal hormone regulation.
- Prickly Ash bark (Zanthoxylum americanum): Used by many First Nations communities at one time, the bark of the Prickly Ash tree has been termed an "alterative", meaning that it will help support normal flow of lymphatic circulation. It also helps maintain normal arterial and capillary circulation.
Herbs are certified organic or ethically wild-harvested
Inactive ingredients: Deionized water, natural bacon flavor, vegetable glycerin
Meet Dr. Janice Huntingford
Janice Huntingford, DVM, has been in veterinary practice for 28 years and has founded two veterinary clinics since receiving her Doctor of Veterinary Medicine at the Ontario Veterinary College, University of Guelph. She has studied extensively in both conventional and holistic modalities.